The world knows that there are two continents of the Americas, North America with several countries (including the United States), and South America with several countries, also. Many people around the world sometimes get confused (or angry) when United States (U.S.) citizens refer to themselves as Americans, as it seems they are shutting out the citizens of many other American countries.
There is no discourtesy or lack of respect intended. Titling ourselves as Americans came about long ago because the U.S. is the only country within the two American continents that happens to have the word ‘America’ as part of its full official name — the United States of America. Regardless of the language they speak, a citizen of the U.S. is considered an American, just as a citizen of Canada is a Canadian or someone from Brazil is a Brazilian. And when a product is produced in the U.S. (or USA) it is, sometimes, imprinted with the words ‘Made in America’. This is an explanation for our many foreign readers, so you know when I say “I don’t like America anymore,” I’m speaking only of the United States of America. But, why do I not like my country?
I was born in the early 1940s before the end of the second World War (the Great War, WWII) and raised in the state of Louisiana. I grew up in the prosperous postwar economy of a country that produced all that we needed. In school we pledged our allegiance to God and our country, and were taught social studies and American history, and our churches taught the Bible. Society was on the brink of ushering in a new age of racial justice and slowly replacing many old-school politicians.
Don’t get me wrong, I was not living in a utopia, for I can remember the evils of the Democrats’ politics and their control of the Ku Klux Klan. Yes, you heard me right, it was the Democrats that formed and supported and ruled the KKK. I know; I was there to see them marching in the streets as the flame of their evil reign was slowly flickering out. Our standard of living was the best in the world at that time and our society was slowly uniting to forge a promising future. I was proud of America and proud to be an American.
The United States of America was created not as a democracy, but as a constitutional republic governed by laws. Ninety-five percent of our founding fathers were Christian, so our U.S. constitution is structured on Judeo-Christian biblical principals of morality and ethics.1 (For more about this Judeo-Christian relationship, see the article “Judeo-Christian vs. Messianic Jew” listed in References & Notes.2)
Our country’s founders tried to foresee all possible problems in our new nation and they are addressed in our Constitution and Bill of Rights. The people establish the laws through representatives, and we must obey them. A minority of people couldn’t just decide to change them; to actually change a law, there needed to be a majority that wished to do so and they had to follow an established legal process. But that is not the way it is any longer. Little-by-little, over the years many changes have taken place, which corrupted the system we once had.
God once did bless America. But the more our nation’s leaders have strayed from our Judeo-Christian roots, the more God has withdrawn his protection and this is why we are in so much trouble now. In America today babies can be killed, homosexuality is encouraged, the law punishes people who believe men are only men and women are only women, the military accepts cross-dressing troops, the courts release criminals but punish law-abiding citizens, personal greed rules our leaders, and the list goes on and on. This isn’t the America I learned to love.
I currently have two American flags flying at my home, one in the front yard and one on the back yard deck. Both are Betsy Ross3 flags designed in the 1770s and featuring thirteen stars in a circular design, representing the thirteen original states. I respect the ideas and hopes that the first flag represented for our new country. I pray that America will return to reflecting our Bible’s morals and ethics, so I can rekindle my love of country and have God bless us once again.
Others think the same as I do.
A few days ago, I heard a radio personality, Hal Turner, explain how he felt about what this county has become. I guess he got fed-up with all the news reports bashing the Russian Federation with fake news. Russia has become the scapegoat for all our troubles. If anyone investigated, they would see it is the U.S. with allied nations that are poking the bear, not the other way around.
Think about it. Russia has supplied bomb shelters for protection of their citizens; America does not. Russia encourages Christianity; America does not. Russia renounces LGBTQ and transgended movements; America does not. Russia says a man is a man and a woman is a woman; America does not. Why should we believe the U.S. leaders, who continue to lie to their citizens, do nothing to defend our borders, and ignore what our constitution demands? You get the idea.
Russian leaders are not saints, for sure, but they have been exceptionally patient dealing with the United States and NATO.4 And I believe they receive more protection from God than most large western countries currently do. I expect to get a lot of flack for that statement, but at this time, I believe it is true. When I listened to Turner’s evening broadcast the other day, I kept agreeing with his thoughts. The following is a partial transcript I made from the program. The full eleven minute recording, in his own words, can be heard at the link located in References & Notes.5
“I love the whole idea of America. I was raised to love my country, and there was a lot to love, when I was coming up as a boy. But I have to tell you, ladies and gentlemen, if I am honest with myself, I would have to say that I believe, Russia already has every right in the world to launch a first strike annihilation attack on America. We have tried three times to destroy Russia’s economy. . . . If any nation on earth had done that to us — what we are doing to Russia — we would have declared war on them.
“But if you stop and look at God’s honest truth, as to what our country America has become, I would have to say, if I’m honest with myself, that I think America has become the greatest force for evil on this planet. We have been exporting nothing short of Satanic ways all over the earth: abortions, sexual perversion, pornography, just to name a few.
“If the good Lord, uses Russia to do to us what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah, I will regret the paths our nation took, but I will say, ‘Amen to Almighty God’s judgement on us.’ America has every other nation on earth beat, hands down, for propagating evil and wickedness worldwide. We have become the most Satanic nation on the planet.
“Look at the evidence; it’s right in front of you. We have a demonic pedofile in the highest office of the land. His vile family and the conspirators around him are destroying the last vestiges of America. No nation on this planet is as arrogant and bullying as America. What gives America the right to dominate the planet?”
(Special note: Remember, if there is a high energy or nuclear detonation in the United States, it may not be from Russia. It could be a ‘false flag’6 event from some other agency, trying to blame Russia.)
“A majority of Americans agree that the government is corrupt and rigged against everyday people” according to the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics. So cultural and political divides are taking a toll on America. There is a creeping sense that something is going wrong.7 “The number of Americans feeling proud of their country is down. Way down!”8
“There is no doubt among decent Americans which side of this fight is steeped in evil.” Decent people can now see that the radical pro-abortion left-wing of the political spectrum is crazed, demonic, and pure evil. They are the same kind of people that ran the Ku Klux Klan earlier in the last century and before. What perversions we used to think of as rare or shameful are now something to be encouraged, celebrated, and prominently displayed. And not just politicians are pushing this agenda upon us, but prominent corporations like Disney, Levi’s, Apple, Netflix, and more.9
Really, almost all of America’s big institutions — big media, big tech, big government, big education, big business, big sports — they are all glorifying everything homosexual, transgender, and nonbinary, including ungodly sexual activities to groom our children into morally objectionable behavior. Social media like TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms are big contributors to recruiting people into wicked alliances, as well as the public schools themselves.10
I’m even seeing a movement within Christian churches to become allies of the LGBTQ movement. Here is the reason why. A Pew Research Center study noted that people changed their minds on gay marriage because they knew someone who was homosexual. “Many of us love and fear our friends and family more than we love and fear God. We’re more afraid of becoming enemies with our loved ones than becoming enemies with God. Therefore for every person who becomes a member of the LGBTQ community, many more of their friends and family will become LGBTQ allies.”11 And churches want to please their congregations instead of God, so they accept the change of thought, so as not to stop the donations from flowing in.
Some Christians see what is going on and are waking up to this evil, but most still do not see it; they are deceived. Satan’s deception started in the Garden of Eden and has continued to this very day. But, you know, the Bible warns us about this situation; only a minority will discern the truth and understand.
Just as the Great Flood of Noah’s time came and most people never knew it was approaching, and just as our promised Messiah came and few recognized him as such, the expected end of this age is almost upon us and the great majority of people do not see it as imminent. Our Lord, quoting Isaiah, once said that “seeing they do not perceive, and hearing they do not listen, nor do they understand,” (Matthew 13:13, NRSV).12
As we near the end of this biblical age, the new world won’t arrive as an abrupt change, but as a transition. During this transition period, many evils will be discovered and their secret activities will be made evident. “For nothing is hidden that will not be disclosed, nor is anything secret that will not become known and come to light. Then pay attention to how you listen; for to those who have, more will be given; and from those who do not have, even what they seem to have will be taken away” (Luke 8:17-18).
Needless to say, there will be a lot of anger from the people who have been so deceived. We will enter a tribulation period where conditions on our earth will become increasingly worse (Revelation 6), before a turning point when they begin to improve.13 As we are approaching that new turning point in our relationship with God; some will accept the truth, others will not, just as it has happened in the past. Let us not be afraid and let us keep our faith in God and his divine plan.14
For the video based on this article’s theme, it is a news interview from FOX 13 News in Tampa Bay, Florida (USA). On his 100th birthday, U.S. Marine and World War II veteran Carl Dekel said he loves his country and that’s why he’s worried about the future of America. In this emotional segment, he admits the country today is not the country he fought for. The interview segment is less than three minutes and can be accessed by the link listed in References & Notes.15
Copyright © 2022, Dr. Ray Hermann
→ Leave comments at the end, after ‘References & Notes’.
Your email address will NOT be published. You can view our basic rules for comments by clicking “The Fine Print” on the top menu bar.
References & Notes
- Founding fathers by church affiliations of record: 51 Christians – 2 Roman Catholic and 49 Protestant (broken down to be 28 Church of England/Episcopalian, 2 Lutheran, 2 Dutch reformed, 7 Congregationalists, 8 Presbyterians, 2 Methodists).
Streiff, Ken, “What were the religious beliefs of the authors of the US Constitution?” (Quora, 5 June 2015), https://www.quora.com/What-were-the-religious-beliefs-of-the-authors-of-the-US-Constitution
- Hermann, Ray, “Judeo-Christian vs. Messianic Jew”, (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 16 January 2021), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/judeo-christian-vs-messianic-jew/
- Betsy Ross (1752–1836) was an upholsterer in Philadelphia who produced uniforms, tents, and flags for Continental forces. She originated the first flag of the Union.
“Betsy Ross flag”, (Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 16 June 2022), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Ross_flag
- NATO: The North Atlantic Treaty Organization, an intergovernmental military alliance established after World War II (1949).
“NATO”, (Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 13 July 2022), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO
- Turner, Harold C., “11 Minutes of Unvarnished Truth – The Most Blistering Assessment of the USA Ever Aired on Radio”, [radio broadcast], (Hal Turner Radio Show, 13 July 2022) AUDIO: https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/11-minutes-of-unvarnished-truth-the-most-blistering-assessment-of-the-usa-ever-aired-on-radio
- false flag: A false flag operation is an act committed with the intent of disguising the actual source of responsibility and pinning blame on another party. The term ‘false flag’ originated in the 16th century as an expression meaning an intentional misrepresentation of someone’s allegiance.
“False flag”, (Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 29 June 2022), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag
- Harper, Jennifer, “‘A stranger in my country’ sentiment widespread, bipartisan”, (Washington Times Newspaper, 30 June 2022), https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jun/30/inside-beltway-many-see-self-stranger-my-country/
- Hoge, Bob, “Americans Are Not Proud of Their Country, Says Fox Poll, But There’s Hope”, (Red State, 2 July 2022), https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2022/07/02/americans-are-not-proud-of-their-country-says-fox-poll-but-theres-hope-2-n587865
- Adams, Mike, “Roe decision brings us incredible CLARITY on the LUCIFERIANS running the abortion child sacrifice cult”, (Natural News, 27 June 2022), https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-06-27-roe-decision-brings-clarity-luciferians-running-the-abortion-child-sacrifice-cult.html#
- “Elites finally reveal their #1 enemy: CHRISTIANS”, (WND, World Net Daily, 27 June 2022), https://www.wnd.com/2022/06/elites-finally-reveal-1-enemy-christians/
- Sey, Samuel, “Why Your Professing ‘Christian’ Friends Have Become LGBTQ Allies”, (Harbingers Daily, 11 July 2022), https://harbingersdaily.com/why-your-professing-christian-friends-have-become-lgbtq-allies/
- All scripture is quoted from The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version, (Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1989). Used by permission.
- Hermann, Ray, “Secrets Will Be Revealed: A Bible Study”, (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 15 April 2022), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/secrets-will-be-revealed-a-bible-study/
- Hermann, Ray, “Coming: An Awakening to a New Reality”, (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 3 May 2022), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/coming-an-awakening-to-a-new-reality/
- “We haven’t got the country we had when I was raised”, Interviewee: Carl Dekel, (FOX 13 News from Tampa Bay broadcast recorded in Plant City, Florida, 30 June 2022), Used under ‘fair use copyright’ for teaching under Section 107 of United States Copyright Act of 1976 — VIDEO: https://youtu.be/wcnQJd_XRQQ