It appears, if current reports are accurate, that the rumors of war may be approaching a definite confrontation in the near future. We hope not, but even if it can be delayed for a while, war will come, having been prophesied in the Bible (see Matthew 24:6-7). Although not fully exposed by the government controlled media, there are serious present-day issues to be concerned about.
The two most active locations on our planet for significant military activity are along the Russia and Ukraine border or between Israel and one or more Arab states. Israel and Syria have had three major wars since Israel’s new birth in 1948.1 Even so, Iran’s conduct in recent months has demonstrated its willingness to go to war.2 But the most likely next theater of aggression may be between Russia and Ukraine.
The border between these two countries is being increasingly armed with heavy military assets.3 In the United States, politicians are taking sides, either aligning themselves with Russian President Vladimir Putin (who is allied with China) or with the intergovernmental military alliance of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), which is allied with Ukraine. NATO4 is composed of members from Europe along with the United States and Canada. Many knowledgeable people are concerned that tempers will escalate and lead to a world war.
The problem is Russia is threatening to invade Ukraine. “For many in Russia and in the ethically Russian parts of Ukraine, the shared heritage of the countries is an emotional issue that has been exploited for electoral and military purposes.” But Ukraine is a crucial buffer between Russia and the West. As tensions are rising, “the US and the EU are increasingly determined to keep Ukraine away from Russian control.” Russia is currently retaliating by reducing natural gas supplies to the European Union states.5 During the winter months, this is a high level of hostility.
Such things change fast on the global scene, so what now seems obvious may not be so conspicuous next month. And as fearful as the thought of a large scale foreign war is, it is usurped by the possibility of civil war right here in the United States. The U.S. is on the edge of anarchy and could literally become a nation ruled by warlords if our government doesn’t solve its social issues.6 And I know this is not just a problem within our own country, but of worldwide concern.
Am I the only one that thinks all these events are coordinated by some elite group that want to manipulate this planet’s governments into a ‘new world order’? If so, there is only one leader who would use the lives of humans as pawns in a bid for control of earth and that is Satan, the devil. So don’t count me in — I’m expecting a new world order under someone interested in saving humans, not destroying them; that leader could only be our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Warning from our Lord
The new world order, to be ruled by Christ, is near. Jesus foretold of this time we are now living — this prelude to his coming recreated paradise, when God and humans can commune as it was in the Garden of Eden before sin entered into the world. This current time is when evil is increasing, because Satan knows his time of disruption is just about up and he will no longer be able to influence humans against God’s righteousness. His time is short to deceive humanity and he is using all his craftiness as his time ends.
We were forewarned as to what would happen during the last days of this evil age. Jesus, sitting on the Mount of Olives next to the Temple, answers the disciples’ questions about the end-of-days in detail and you can read his words at Matthew 24:4–51, Mark 13:5–37, and Luke 21:8–36. Briefly stated, there would be wars and rumors of war, there would be earthquakes and food shortages, there would be increased lawlessness and persecution of Christians, peoples (races) would become enemies, and family members would turn against each other.
He indicated people would be deceived and many Christians would fall away from their beliefs, and their love of God would grow cold. Religious leaders would spout lies and deceive God’s people, by twisting scripture. We are at this point in human history now, so don’t become part of this reflection away from God, or away from his accurate word. For more about these thoughts, read the study titled “Christ’s Return Prophecies — the Signs of the End of this Age in Matthew 24” listed in References & Notes.7
Let’s consider a few of those predictions listed above to show how they should be considered in our modern world. Take famines, for instance. Famines in biblical times were created by natural disasters, but today we must think a bit ‘outside the box’ concerning such misfortune.
In 1970, German-born diplomat and geopolitical consultant, Henry Kissinger, remarked, “Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.”8 He was correct, of course, and here are a couple of examples to illustrate what he was talking about.
Although there was no need of petroleum in the ancient world, there is today and oil production is now essential to food production and distribution. American has enough oil for ourselves as well as enough to export to some other countries, but our government has recently stopped many United States oil projects and forced us to beg for oil from Russia and Saudi Arabia.9 Why?
Control of oil can control public transportation, production of plastics, and even the energy needed to heat our homes. Also, oil shortages will affect the trucking industry, and if there are fewer trucks running, less food supplies get delivered.
Likewise, control of farming can control food production. Think about this: Bill Gates — who is no farmer — is the largest farm owner in America. Gates owns approximately 242,000 acres of farmland across nineteen states in the U.S.10 This does not include another 27,000 acres of other land assets. And “agriculture is also a key focus area for foreign locations of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.”11
Earthquakes are increasing, too. In ancient times there was no way to record earthquakes around the world, but for the last one hundred years, since worldwide radio communications have been in existence, there has been a definite recorded increase in number. In the first 65 days of 1921 only seven major quakes, magnitude six or higher, were recorded globally according to the United States Geological Survey data base. One hundred years later, in the first 65 days of 2021, a total of 24 major quakes, magnitude six or higher, was recorded around the globe; that is a 300% increase.12 Current news reports also indicate a major increase in volcanic eruptions, sometimes related to seismic activities.
Strangeness and More
Everyone has already experienced a lot of weirdness in the last couple of decades or so. Look at the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) movements. And the Black Lives Matter (BLM), Critical Race Theory (CRT), and Defund the Police movements, they are all radical changes meant to help destabilize society. You can probably add a few others that don’t come to mind right now. It is going to get worse, before it gets better.
This next couple of years will be a time of some major changes in the social order as well as physical changes for us on earth and some of what happens will be astounding. Tighten your seat belt, for we may be in for a rough ride. But since Satan is still around, much deception will continue to mislead many, so also keep a tight grip on your spirituality.
But over time, all the evil and deception will become visible. There are a few Bible verses mentioning secrets coming to light, but one in particular concerns this idea in the context of secret crimes. That is Matthew 10:26, in which Jesus says, “So have no fear of them; for nothing is covered up that will not be uncovered, and nothing secret that will not become known” (Matthew 10:26).13
Our Lord was speaking about religious leaders, but it can also be applied to world leaders, too. We can expect that all evil secrets of governments, corporate leaders, and other influential people will be slowly exposed when God discerns such disclosure should be announced to the world.
If you watch for oddities in the news, sometimes you can find things that may give a hint of what is coming down the pike. For instance, not many people know that within the last couple of years was the creation of a new armed forces division in the United States military, besides the Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force — the United States Space Force (USSF).14
U.S. Space Force personnel are known as ‘Guardians’, supposedly to protect our planet. There was some publicity, but not much, as many people still think it is a joke when they are told about this new military division. Their official role is space security, space combat projection, mobility, and logistics. The space faring days are near and we are sure to have a ‘Star Trek’ type of future.
Another interesting bit of information is the recent announcement that the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has a priest on staff who has the unique job description of helping prepare the religious world for possible encounters with alien life forms.15 And Catholic scientists at the Vatican have publically discussed that visitors from another planet are probably real and are considered to be merely other creations of God and there are even serious views about possible baptism of such beings.16 What do you think all this means?
Over many years, especially during the last several, it seems like we are being conditioned to accept such ideas. Stories about UFOs and alien life show up on television, in motion pictures, in magazines, in newspapers, in books, and even in serious discussion sessions among Christians. Some stories are very serious and have hard evidence to back them up, such as photographic proof, documented government black budget spending, as well as Senate authorization and large secret industrial programs. One such public announcement revealed many details in 2017 by The New York Times.17
What used to be considered as just foolishness or conspiracy theories have slowly evolved into plausibility as the evidence (direct as well as circumstantial) has filtered through the haze of ridicule established early-on. There are an increasing number of scientists, politicians, and other educated people willingly being accessible for serious discussions of this subject. Also see the OBS article “God, Aliens, & UFOs” listed in References & Notes.18
I answer ‘yes’ when someone asks me if I believe in alien life elsewhere in the universe. Sometimes they then ask how I can justify believing in God and still believe in aliens from outer space. Now to me, whether believing in God or not should make little difference in one’s belief in life elsewhere in the universe. But to many people who asked that question, it appears that a belief in one will cancel a belief in the other. I guess I should give them some slack, because I’ve met many older people (like me) that were brought up attending Christian churches, who believed humans are the only living creatures in God’s universe. At one time, long ago, people were killed for thinking otherwise.
I think the universe is filled with intelligent life on planets like and unlike ours — some more advanced, some less-so. For another related article see “Angels from Heaven or Aliens from Outer Space?” listed in References & Notes.19 There will be major changes coming to our planet soon, both physical and governmental. And there will be new ideas and technologies to which we will have to become accustomed. I think the advancements we have steadily made in the last few hundred years were preparing us for this very time in history. But best of all, Christ will rule the renewed world with righteousness and kindness, once he establishes his government. I pray that this good news comes soon; I have the hope that it does.
I’m not the only Christian minister who believes in otherworldly life, both physical beings living on other planets, as well as nonphysical spiritual beings living in some other realm (dimension, universe, or heaven). But, most religious leaders are afraid to publicly address this topic, so there will be few chances of hearing any of this in mainstream churches — at least not now.
Eventually, there will be a public announcement about alien contact (in the past and/or presently); there is now chatter being leaked concerning such a disclosure. Whenever this happens, there are a couple of things to keep in mind, because those in government control will want to twist the narrative to fit their own agenda.
First, if an evil and corrupt government makes that announcement, should we even believe all that they tell us? If they have continually lied before, can they be trusted to tell the full truth about extraterrestrials? We don’t want to fall for yet another deception. Remember, Jesus said that great signs and wonders would be forthcoming, “to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Take note, I have told you beforehand,” (Matthew 24:24b-25).
The second thing to consider is that, if true, there are probably malevolent otherworldly creatures as well as benevolent ones. As an example, angels are alien creatures and they certainly come in both evil and righteous types, just as do humans. And evil angels, with Satan as their leader, have been disrupting human life for more than six thousand years. They are causing increasing problems on earth even at this very moment.
How do we Fight this Evil?
This last little while before Satan is defeated may be really rough, but just remember it is not our job to go out and personally attack the evil forces in the world. We can’t destroy them. As a Christian minister said nearly two hundred and thirty years ago, “nothing short of the Spirit of God can cast out Satan.”20 So, our job is to stay faithful and gear-up to defend ourselves against his attacks upon us, as outlined by the Apostle Paul in his message to the Ephesians.
In explaining what it is we face, Paul is very specific. It is not a struggle against other humans, but one against spirits. Flesh and blood foes are just mere tools of evil, the real foe lurks behind humans; the real foe is Satan himself.21
The apostle says, “Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm” (Ephesians 6:13, NRSV),22 and then describes the various pieces of Christian armor as though he is equipping a soldier for battle.
Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Ephesians 6:14-17).
Without this armor we will be defeated by the devil and his army, but our battle is mostly defensive — we are not to be out searching for Satan and mounting an attack, but just to stand our ground. “The armor is to put a stop to the power of demonic agenda over us . . . the armor of God is to enable us to bolt and bar the doors of our spiritual lives.”23 Their sphere of activity is in the heavenly realms and is trying to rob Christians of their spiritual blessings that God has given them.24
Although mostly defensive, there are two offensive weapons included, prayer and the sword of the Spirit (the Holy Bible), both to be used to fight back if we are ourselves directly attacked.25 Having enlisted his readers under the right leader (Jesus) to fight the right war (against evil) with the right equipment (armor of God), Paul now tells them what the right maneuvers should be. “They are to pray at all times under the direction of the Spirit (who knows what to pray for), and they are to keep themselves diligently alert in prayer and petition on behalf of other believers in the common struggle.”26
Our Leader, the Lord Jesus Christ sent a vision to John, exiled on Patmos, which is reported in the Book of Revelation, chapter four. That vision is of the heavenly court where proceedings occur about what will happen on earth. John is invited to see the governing body.27 God is at the center and his appearance is like the beauty, sparkle and luster of jewels. He is encircled by a rainbow, which recalls the grace and mercy he extended to the world after Noah’s flood. And there was rumbling and flashes of lightening. Surrounding God are twenty-four elders; twelve for the tribes of Israel and twelve for the apostles of Christ. Together they plan the end time events, then the rebuilding and reorganization of our planet.28
With them are four living creatures, possibly an allusion to angels (cherubim, seraphim), or maybe they represent all living creatures everywhere who worship God. Their multiplicity of eyes symbolically suggests unceasing vigilance or great wisdom. In full submission, they sing praises to God Himself, the Great King — Holy, Holy, Holy.29
In keeping with this thought, the music selection I have chosen is ‘Revelation Song’ sung by Guy Penrod. This song is about Revelation, chapter 4 (mentioned above), especially verse 8. Selected lyrics are below and a link to the music video is listed in References & Notes.30
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You
Clothed in rainbows of living color
Flashes of lighting rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor strength and glory and power be
To You the only one who’s King
Post Script: The present coronavirus pandemic is also a ‘Last Days’ event. Part 2 of this article covers the deceit of that event in much detail. So, be sure to read “Do you regret getting that vaccination? —The Last Days are here, Part 2”. The link is listed in References & Notes.31
Copyright © 2022, Dr. Ray Hermann
→ Leave comments at the end, after ‘References & Notes’.
Your email address will NOT be published. You can view our basic rules for comments by clicking “The Fine Print” on the top menu bar.
References & Notes
- Braddick, Imogen, “Why are Israel and Syria fighting?” (The Sun, U.S. edition, 14 May 2021), https://www.the-sun.com/news/2885551/why-israel-syria-fighting/
- Babbin, Jed, “War Between Iran and Israel May Be Inevitable”, (The American Spectator, 8 August 2021), https://spectator.org/war-between-israel-iran-may-be-inevitable/
- Roth, Andrew, “Russia edges closer to war as new arms arrive on Ukraine’s border”, (The Guardian, 12 December 2021), https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/12/russia-closer-to-war-ukraine-border-putin-buk-missiles
- “What is NATO?” (North Atlantic Treaty Organization, retrieved on 24 December 2021), https://www.nato.int/nato-welcome/index.html
- Kabir, E.R., “Explained: Why Russian troops are on Ukraine border, and why West is concerned”, (The Indian Express, 24 December 2021), https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/why-russia-ukraine-border-tension-may-lead-to-broader-conflict-7659613/
- Hodges, Dave, “The Doug and Dave Intel Report Analyze the Coming and Inevitable Civil War”, (The Common Sense Show, 24 December 2021), https://thecommonsenseshow.com/activism-agenda-21-conspiracy/doug-and-dave-intel-report-analyze-coming-and-inevitable-civil-war
- Hermann Ray, “Christ’s Return Prophecies — the Signs of the End of this Age in Matthew 24″, (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 20 May 2020), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/christs-return-prophecies-the-signs-of-the-end-of-this-age-in-matthew-24/
- Foda, Rasha B., “Kissinger: Control Food and you Control the People”, (Share Everything, 23 May 2016), https://shareverything.com/2016/05/23/kissinger-control-food-and-you-control-the-people/
- Pearce, Tim, “After Killing U.S. Oil Projects, Biden Begs Russia, Saudi Arabia For Help Fighting Rising Gas Prices”, (The Daily Wire, 11 August 2011), https://www.dailywire.com/news/after-killing-us-oil-projects-biden-begs-russia-saudi-arabia-for-help-fighting-rising-gas-prices
- Estes, Nick, “Bill Gates is the biggest private owner of farmland in the United States. Why?” (The Guardian, U.S. Edition, 5 April 2021), https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/05/bill-gates-climate-crisis-farmland
- Manskar, Noah, “Bill Gates is reportedly the largest farmland owner in America”, (New York Post, 15 January 2021), https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/bill-gates-is-the-largest-farmland-owner-in-america-report/
- Berkowitz, Adam Eliyahu, “2021 on Track to Become Record-Breaking year of Major Earthquakes, Volcanoes”, (Israel 365 News, 7 March 2021), https://www.israel365news.com/187985/2021-on-track-to-become-record-breaking-year-of-major-earthquakes-volcanoes/
- Carr, A., Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges: Commentary on the Whole Bible, (England: Cambridge University Press, 1893), vol. 33, Matthew 10:26.
- “About the United States Space Force”, (U.S. Space Force, retrieved 27 December 2021), https://www.spaceforce.mil/About-Us/About-Space-Force/
Also see: “United States Space Force”, (Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, 17 December 2021), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Space_Force
- Seaburn, Paul, “NASA Hires British Priest to Help Prepare to Meet Extraterrestrials”, (Mysterious Universe, 27 December 2021), https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2021/12/nasa-hires-british-priest-to-help-prepare-to-meet-extraterrestrials/
- Consolmagno, Guy, and Mueller, Paul, Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial? (New York: Image, Penguin Random House, 2014), p. 249.
Note: Authors are astronomers at the Vatican Observatory and members of the Society of Jesus (also known as the ‘Jesuits’).
- Cooper, Helene, et al., “Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program,” (The New York Times, 16 December 2017), https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html
- Hermann, Ray, “God, Aliens, & UFOs”, (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 15 June 2019), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/god-aliens-ufos/
- Hermann, Ray, “Angels from Heaven or Aliens from Outer Space?” (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 12 November 2020), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/angels-from-heaven-or-aliens-from-outer-space/
- Bird, Jonathan, The parable of the unclean spirit, opened and applied, (sermon discourse on Matthew 12:43-45, delivered at Durham in Freehold, 8 July 1792), [pub. Catskill, NY: M. Croswell & Co., 1792], p. 6. Also available online at:
- Jamieson, Robert; Fausset, A. R.; Brown, David, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, (Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997), vol. 2, p. 357.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all biblical quotes are from The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version, (Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1989). Used with permission.
- Thompson, Leonard, Demons, (Joplin, MO: College Press Publishing Company, 2005), p. 99.
- Hoehner, Harold W., “Ephesians,” in The Bible Knowledge Commentary: An Exposition of the Scriptures, J. F. Walvoord and R. B. Zuck, (Eds.), (Wheaton, IL: Victor Books, 1985), vol. 2, p. 643.
- David S. Dockery, (Ed.), Holman Bible Handbook, (Nashville, TN: Holman Bible Publishers, 1992), p. 718.
- Erickson, Richard J., “Ephesians,” in Evangelical Commentary on the Bible, Baker Reference Library (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Book House, 1995), vol. 3, pp. 1032-1033.
- Mays, James Luther, (Ed.), Harper’s Bible Commentary, (San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1988), p. 1309.
- Knowles, Andrew, The Bible Guide, (Minneapolis, MN: Augsburg, 2001), p. 700.
- Barry, John D., et al. (Eds.), Faithlife Study Bible, (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012, 2016), Revelation 4:11.
- “Revelation Song,” Artist: Guy Penrod; DVD/CD: Guy Penrod: Hymns & Worship; licensed to YouTube by Broadcast Music, Integrity Music Publishing, more; used under ‘fair use’ copyright for teaching under Section 107 of Copyright Act of 1976), – MUSIC VIDEO: https://youtu.be/A3IUqz10ARE
- Hermann, Ray, “Do you regret getting that Covid vaccination? — The Last Days are here, Part 2” (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 3 January 2022), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/do-you-regret-getting-that-covid-vaccination-the-last-days-are-here-part-2/