I always enjoy listening to other people’s ideas and thoughts, because one never knows when something may be heard that was never considered before. If someone has a better idea or a better grasp of some issue, knowing what they think helps me, too. And sometimes, knowing more about them, I am able to offer any needed help.
Jesus liked to listen to understand another person’s perspective. He honestly appreciated learning about people’s concerns, values, and spiritual condition (example: Luke 24:17-20). Jesus knew how to ask information questions that allowed him to find out what was really important to people. He took the time to show people how important they were to him by giving them his undivided attention.1
Rightfully so, people believe their problems and opinions are important and I let them download, explain, and justify all they want. Most times I listen to people, and give my own personal opinion only when asked. I figure if someone asks for my opinion, I then have a personal obligation to answer, because they must, somehow, value my view.
But, unless someone is getting an answer to something in which they, at the very least, have a vague interest, they generally aren’t interested in what I think. I get asked lots of questions about what God expects, or what the Bible says about this or that, but not too much about other things. I guess on subjects other than Bible, they figure they already know they have the right answers.
This isn’t one of those ‘nobody listens to me’ editorial pieces, because I notice this experience isn’t just mine, it is evident everywhere. It is a fact of life. Of course there are exceptions to this statement, but generally it is true. Spouses many times think they are right and their mate is wrong. Kids think they already know much more than their parents. Teachers think they are smarter and better instructors than others, a business manager thinks they can run a business operation better than the owners, and these kinds of examples are just part of a long list. We believe what we think to be correct, even if it isn’t.
So, since this Coronavirus pandemic (Wuhan Coronavirus, CoVid-19, CCP virus) is messing-up the world and is reported as a very serious population concern, I wish to volunteer my own opinions, observations, and a few unknown facts for consideration, even though absolutely no one has asked for them. Not interested? That is okay, I understand.
I’m not implying the preciseness of everything stated (although most are cited in References & Notes), only that the events, statements, and observations have crossed my mind. They are just pieces of a puzzle for your consideration. Once the puzzle picture begins to focus, it is not always what you thought it was going to be. Everyone is capable of using their free will to make up their own mind.
Pestilence and the Bible
The Bible mentions disease and pestilence many times, but two scripture quotes are most popular. In answering a question about the end of the age, Jesus said, “For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.” (Matthew 24:7-8, NKJV).
And the Apostle John explains his revelation from Jesus about pestilence, as the ride of the fourth horseman of the Apocalypse. “And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.” (Revelation 6:8, ESV). (For more about the riding of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, a reference to a previous article is listed in References & Notes.)2
So, as this age winds down and our Lord’s return gets closer, pestilence will play an important part of the last days of evil upon the earth. Are we close to this end? I do not know. However we are given clues to watch for, and pestilence is but only one part of the program. We see the headlines and hear the news reports and see the effects of this current pestilence that is a worldwide problem. But is it really as bad as it is portrayed?
What is going on?
Things seem to be changing fast, as we endure this pandemic event. Some of what I write may change by tomorrow, for all I know. As fast as things change, the more my opinions do also, but you will get the general content of what I’m trying to unveil. As a matter of fact, there are more questions than answers revealed, as we probe the events.
The United States federal government has not dictated any restrictions on American citizen activities, because of this virus pandemic. In fact, Vice President Mike Pence, in a recent public statement said, “I can tell you that at no point has the White House Coronavirus Task Force discussed what some people call a nationwide lockdown, or, as you described as, a stay at home order.” All the federal government has done is publish suggested guidelines for safety.3
But I live in a ‘locked-down’ state. Washington state has dictated that its citizens ‘shelter in place’ and stay in or near our homes unless it is for essential services (medical, food, financial, etc.). Looking at all the states that have similar restrictions on citizen movements, all are under Democrat political control. No Republican states, as yet, have such restrictions. In fact, many areas of the country are living their lives pretty much normally. This seems strange — why?
Politicians in my state, and several other Democrat-controlled states, have tried to pass laws to ban gun and ammo sales; some are outlawing alcohol. What does any of that have to do with controlling the Coronavirus? Some cities have, or are considering, letting prisoners out of jails because of the virus, but then turn around and suggest fines and jail time for people who refuse to obey quarantine laws. New York City has actually released sex offenders along with many other convicted prisoners.4 What?
Concerning the recent Coronavirus emergency bill passed by congress, many US Democrat politicians wanted to include corporate bail-outs, solar project financing, union funding support, abortion guarantees, voting rights for illegal immigrants, and much more. What does all that have to do with the Coronavirus? If that bill was so important as an emergency measure for US citizens, why was it delayed to stuff-in all that extra garbage.
It is a sure bet that after all this virus stuff is over, our country will never return back to what it was before the threat. As Rahm Emanuel,5 White House Chief of Staff in President Obama’s administration, said, “You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that, it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”6
The numbers don’t add up.
During the Swine Flu N1H1 influenza event in 2009, there were nearly 61,000,000 cases in the United States and almost 12,500 died. The US population was 306,307,565 people; the deaths were 12,500; that equals about 4.10 deaths per 100,000.
Right now, today as I write this, with the Wuhan Coronavirus, there are 684,067 cases in the United States and about 2,238 deaths (as of 29 March 2020). The (estimated) US population is currently 328,877,386 people; the deaths so far are 2,238 people; that equals about 0.68 deaths per 100,000.
I know that any deaths are bad and this current event isn’t over and the numbers will go much higher, but look at the comparison. At 61 million cases and 12,500 deaths in 2009, there was no shutting down of anything, no ‘shelter in place’ restrictions, and no enforced social spacing distances to worry about. But today with 2,238 deaths across the whole United States, we have lock-down situations, closed schools and businesses, government control, and our constitutional laws are being compromised.7
What is happening in China?
Some people are claiming that this virus was created in a laboratory in China and accidently escaped quarantine, so the country is doing its best to downplay their own mishandling of the disease. Whistleblowers who talk about the problem are disappearing. The most recent example is Dr. Ai Fen, director of emergency management at Wuhan Central Hospital. She was one of the first doctors to blow the whistle on the Coronavirus epidemic at a time when the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) was desperate to conceal it.8
Now Chinese spokespersons are saying that there are no new domestic infections of the virus, but leaked information indicates that it is because they have stopped officially counting. The communist regime has recently begun pushing propaganda that the virus outbreak could have originated in another country.9 Maybe another report of very large decreases in Chinese citizens accessing cell services in China, gives us a clue to the real loss in population there.10
There is a real credibility problem involving any information coming out of China. One online chat group suggested intentionally calibrating forehead thermometers shipping to the United States to read a few degrees lower than the actual temperature. That could cause miss-diagnosing the disease.11
The owner, Zhang Xuandong, of Haofeng Electronic Technology Co. in Dongguan, Guangdong Providence, China, wrote, “Produce some fake products and sell them to the US. They [thermometers] should read 36.5 ºC when the actual temperature is 39 ºC. In this way, more and more American people will be infected.” There are many member producers of forehead thermometers in China.12 I hope that was only a joke, but joke or not, that is not helping China’s credibility.
A patent on the virus?
Corona viruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. Some are just common colds, which are rather mild, but others are more severe, including Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), and now Coronavirus Disease 2019 (CoVid-19). As of today, there are no recognized vaccines or antiviral drugs to prevent or treat human Coronavirus infections.13 If you get the virus, there are very limited options for care, and no recognized cures, yet.
You have probably seen the term 2019 novel Coronavirus, or novel Wuhan Coronavirus, or novel China Coronavirus, or a similar name using the term novel. A novel virus is a virus that has never infected humans and a person will most likely not have an immunity or antibody for protection. Although possibly from a natural reservoir, it is most likely a mutation or a new emergent virus representing a new strain produced through genetic-engineering.
And another thing, why is there a United States patent on the Coronavirus (US10,130,701B2)? The patent description lists the product as an invention, and the patent does not expire until 2035.14 The original patent is owned by the Pirbright Institute, which is primarily funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.15 This virus has been tweaked into newer forms in the lab and China further engineered it in a move to patent a newer form. By creating fear around a health issue, you are more likely to go out and buy what they’re selling when it becomes available. How do they achieve this? Through mass media, of course.
Do you remember SARS, ZIKA,16 and Avian Flu?17 Well, historically dark government agencies and big pharma18 seem to find a new virus every year to drum up an ocean of fear, paranoia, and anxiety.19 There is plenty of money to be made in licensing as well as production of new vaccines. And some information sources have suggested that profitable production of bio-weapons may be involved, too.
Now about where this virus originated, the Chinese government tried to blame the ‘wet market’20 industry, but there are other more likely possibilities. The disease may have originated in a laboratory in the city of Wuhan, linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, said an Israeli biological warfare analyst.
The only lab publically declared to do this kind of work is the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Dany Shoham, a former Israeli military intelligence officer said the institute is linked to Beijing’s covert bio-weapons program. It has worked with strains that cause severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), H5N1 influenza virus, Japanese encephalitis, and dengue. They have also studied the germs that cause anthrax, an agent once developed in Russia.21
Problems in the beginning.
In the beginning of the outbreak in the United States, there were concerns about the accuracy of the laboratory tests used to confirm diagnoses. Some reports (BBC and Chinese media) suggested that some people tested negative up to six times even though they were infected.22 Besides these false negative results, reports are that some patients were turned away from required care, by deceptive practices, such as saying their tests were negative, when they weren’t even properly tested for the current Coronavirus. Or in worse cases, told they were infected when the wrong tests showed results from another form of respiratory infection.
The rollout of a CDC-designed test kit to state and local labs had become a fiasco because it contained a faulty reagent. “There have been blunders, and there could be an underlying catastrophe that we don’t know about,” says epidemiologist Michael Mina, who helps run a microbiology testing lab at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. “It’s been very complicated and confusing for everyone with almost no clarity being provided by the CDC.”23
There is another interesting problem in diagnosing this virus. Physicians who diagnose cases of CoVid-19 illness are “so steeped in its pharmacy of prescription drugs, with its blinders toward nutritional medicine, that it can’t see the obvious evidence of a trace mineral deficiency that results in the same signs and symptoms produced by CoVid-19.” One person observed that all the 18 common CoVid-19 signs and symptoms are identical to those of zinc deficiency.24
Why were there problems with obtaining N95 respirator masks in America? Many people won’t want to hear this, but the shortage of these masks is the result of the previous Obama-Biden administration. The failure to replenish the Strategic National Stockpile after the H1N1 Swine Flu pandemic depleted the supplies, including about 100 million masks. This was verified by Charles Johnson, president of the International Safety Equipment Association, as told to the LA Times.25
As I said, information changes every day and I may be wrong about some of these things, and I am willing to apologize if it turns out I was, but this is the way I am looking at our situation right now. Even allowing for problems, I think that at least some of this crisis seems rather scripted and choreographed and designed to scare the heck out of everyone for some reason. Who is directing it? What group? What country or countries? Is it a test or a drill for something bigger coming down the pike? The federal government’s semi-secret Jade Helm project of 2015 was thought to be a ‘dry run’ for something coming. Is the current situation what they practiced for?
Someone said to me, “I can’t believe a government would lie to its own citizens.” Oh, is that right? What about the already inflated coronavirus-related deaths. When the government speaks of ‘coronavirus related deaths’ they usually mean they really died from some other reason, but they may have also had the virus as a possible contributing factor.
What about the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment, that secret experiment performed on American Negro males, by injecting them with the disease? This clinical study was conducted between 1932 and 1972 by the United States Public Health Service.26
What about the Project Oak Ridge radiation experiments? During the atomic bomb Manhattan Project research in the late 1940s, scientists tested unsuspecting patients by injecting them with radioactive plutonium. And at a Massachusetts hospital, patients were injected with radioactive uranium.27
What about these other documented experimental events? The CIA released a whooping cough virus in Tampa Bay to cause an epidemic. The Navy sprayed San Francisco with bacterial pathogens causing pneumonia. The Army released millions of mosquitoes in Georgia and Florida to spread yellow fever and dengue fever.28
A Religious Endnote
Scattered throughout the Bible are clues about the end times. In the Old Testament, Daniel was told, “But you, Daniel, close up these words and seal the book until the time of the end. Many will dash about, and knowledge will increase.” (Daniel 12:4, NET). That is very descriptive for our time, as we travel the globe by air and have all kinds of knowledge at our fingertips via a computer.
The persecution of the Church was predicted in Matthew, chapter 24, along with lawlessness and a lack of love. Jesus said, “Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers. And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other. And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold.” (Matthew 24:9-12, NLT). This is currently being fulfilled in many parts of the world.
It all won’t happen at one time, but spread out and increasing as time gets shorter. The Bible relates it to a pregnant woman’s labor pains. “And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in many parts of the world, as well as famines. But this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.” (Mark 13:7-8, NLT). ‘Nation against nation’ are peoples and ethnicity. ‘Kingdom against kingdom’ are countries and territories — all are being directed by Satan and his followers.
If you are in a locked-down location or a quarantined situation, either in the United States or another country, and need something to occupy your time, read and study your Bible. If you are fearful, worried, or anxious about being contaminated by this disease, please read the previous Coronavirus article on this subject. It is titled “Combat Your Fear and Defeat Anxiety with Prayer” and you will find it listed in References & Notes.29
And to end this article with an upbeat attitude, take a listen to this simple song of praise to our Lord by Erick Smith, an East African and Swahili music artist from Kenya. This song is “Merciful God” and selected lyrics are below. Although not from Jamaica, it has a reggae rhythm sound. The music video is listed in References & Notes.30
As the father is kind to his children,
So the Lord is kind to those who honor Him.
He’s merciful too. From Him our salvation comes;
Ooh – my Lord you are so good to us,
You lift up them who humble before you, Lord.
Copyright © 2020, Dr. Ray Hermann
→ Leave comments at the end, after ‘References & Notes’.
You can see our basic rules for comments by clicking “The Fine Print” on the top menu bar.
References & Notes
- Fritz, Paul, “How Jesus Ministered to People by Listening”, (Sermon Central, 18 October 2000), https://www.sermoncentral.com/sermons/how-jesus-ministered-to-people-by-listening-paul-fritz-sermon-on-peace-28674
- Hermann, Ray, “When the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse Ride — Revelation 6″, (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 29 February 2020), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/when-the-four-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse-ride-revelation-6/
- Hanchett, Ian, “Pence: We’ve Never Discussed National Lockdown or Stay at Home Order”, (Breitbart News, 24 March 2020), https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/03/24/pence-weve-never-discussed-national-lockdown-or-stay-at-home-order/
- Binder, John, “Coronavirus Jailbreak: Eight Sex Offenders Freed in Cuomo’s New York”, (Breitbart News, 29 March 2020), https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/29/coronavirus-jailbreak-eight-freed-cuomo-ny/
- Rahm Emanuel: Liberal American politician of the Democrat party, previous mayor of Chicago, previous member of the US House of Representatives, worked in both the Clinton and Obama administrations.
- “Rahm Emanuel Quote”, (BrainyQuote.com, retrieved 31 March 2020), https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/rahm_emanuel_409199
- 12,500 ÷ 306,307,565 = 0.000040809 (2009)
2,238 ÷ 328,877,386 = 0.000006801 (2020)
- Hayward, John, “Australian Report: Wuhan Whistleblower Dr. Ai Fen Has ‘Disappeared’, (Breitbart News, 30 March 2020), https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/03/30/australian-report-wuhan-whistleblower-dr-ai-fen-has-disappeared/
- Hao, Nicole, “Why Patients Are Not Counted as New Virus Cases in Wuhan”, (The Epoch Times, 23 March 2020), https://www.theepochtimes.com/why-patients-are-not-counted-as-new-virus-cases-in-chinas-epidemic-ground-zero-of-wuhan_3283024.html
- Hayward, John, “21 Million Chinese Cellphone Users Disappear in Three Months of Pandemic”, (Breitbart News, 24 March 2020), https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/03/24/21-million-chinese-cellphone-users-disappear-in-three-months-of-pandemic/
- “Chinese Company that Makes Forehead Thermometers ‘Jokes’ About Making Faulty Product for Sale in US in Order to Spread Disease”, (Hal Turner Radio Show, News Desk, 29 March 2020), https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/chinese-company-that-makes-forehead-thermometers-jokes-about-making-faulty-product-for-sale-in-us-in-order-to-spread-disease
- “Coronavirus”, (Wikipedia, Wikipedia Foundation Inc., 29 March 2020), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus
- “Coronavirus”, (Google Patents, 23 July 2014, retrieved 23 March 2020), https://patents.google.com/patent/US10130701B2/en
- Goodall, Lance, “Unbelievable — Gates Foundation Predicted 65 Million Deaths Via Coronavirus 3 Months Ago!” (Coercion Code, 24 January 2020), https://coercioncode.com/2020/01/24/unbelievable-gates-foundation-predicted-65-million-deaths-via-coronavirus-3-months-ago/
- ZIRKA virus: is a member of the virus family Flaviviridae. It is spread by daytime-active Aedes mosquitoes.
- Avian influenza: known informally as bird flu, is a variety of influenza caused by viruses adapted to birds. Bird flu is similar to swine flu, dog flu, horse flu, and human flu. It is an illness caused by strains of influenza viruses that have adapted to a specific host.
- pharma: large pharmaceutical companies as a group.
Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th ed., (Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster, Inc., 2003).
- Deschamps, Justin, “19 Coronavirus Patents, Going back to the 80s, Filed BEFORE the Wuhan Outbreak”, (Stillness in the Storm, 22 January 2020), https://stillnessinthestorm.com/2020/01/19-coronavirus-patents-going-back-to-the-80s-filed-before-the-wuhan-outbreak/
- wet market: A wet market is a market selling fresh meat from a variety of animal types, fish, produce, and other perishable goods.
- Gertz, Bill, “Coronavirus may have originated in lab linked to China’s biowarfare program”, (The Washington Times, 26 January 2020), https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-link-to-china-biowarfare-program-possi/
- Lichtenstein, Karina, “Are Coronavirus Test Accurate?”, (Medicine Net, 18 February 2020), https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=228250
- Cohen, Jon, “The United States badly bungled coronavirus testing—but things may soon improve”, (Science Magazine, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 28 Februay 2020), https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/united-states-badly-bungled-coronavirus-testing-things-may-soon-improve
- Sardi, Bill, “Emergency Room Doctor Doesn’t Realize Major Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19 Coronavirus Cases Match Evidences Of Zinc Deficiency”, (Lew Rockwell, 30 March 2020), https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/03/no_author/emergency-room-doctor-doesnt-realize-major-signs-symptoms-of-covid-19-coronavirus-cases-match-evidences-of-zinc-deficiency/
- Heine, Debra, “National Stockpile of N95 Masks Was Depleted Under Obama and Not Replenished”, (American Greatness, 23 March 2020), https://amgreatness.com/2020/03/23/national-stockpile-of-n95-masks-was-depleted-under-obama-and-not-replenished/
- “Tuskegee syphilis experiment”, (Wikipedia, Wikipedia Foundation Inc., 27 March 2020), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment
- Hodges, Dave, “Under CDC Direction, Hospitals are Falsely Inflating the Number of Coronavirus-Related Deaths”, (The Common Sense Show, 27 March 2020), https://thecommonsenseshow.com/activism-agenda-21-conspiracy/under-cdc-direction-hospitals-are-falsely-inflating-number-coronavirus-related-deaths
- Hermann, Ray, “Combat Your Fear and Defeat Anxiety with Prayer”, (The Outlaw Bible Student, OBS, 25 March 2020), https://outlawbiblestudent.org/combat-your-fear-and-defeat-anxiety-with-prayer/
- “Merciful God”, [English language version], Artist & Author: Erick Smith; Album: Wewe Ni Zaidi; Audio: Sam Lokua; Film: Truecam Media; Director: Martin Muindi, (Licensed to: Muserk [Sound Recordings]; Muserk Rights Management; 22 December 2019) – VIDEO: https://youtu.be/7mJVdKPwnhI